If you want to help move the world away from fossil fuels and towards renewable energy, join the revolution at Sullivan Solar Power!
We are the best solar power company, and one of the Top Workplaces in San Diego according to San Diego Union Tribune. We are also one of the nation's largest and most established solar companies, according to Solar Power World, and one of the fastest-growing companies in the US, according to INC Magazine. We are now looking for a Project Developer. This position is for our San Diego headquarters.
The objective of our Project Developers is to achieve their assigned sales quotas by creating solar advocates: educating customers on the benefits and options to go solar while maintaining the Sullivan Solar Power brand and mission.
- Achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales quotas for your assigned area
- Present, promote, sell and negotiate contracts while maintaining and developing the Sullivan Solar Power brand and mission
- Consistently prospect for and qualify leads, building your referral network and supporting our marketing efforts
- Conduct site evaluations for potential customers, and educate them with accurate and ethical information on the benefits of going solar and their options
- Work on ladders and roofs to take measurements, pictures and videos for project management purposes
- Design initial PV plans on AutoCAD for installation purposes
- Analyze potential customers’ current and projected electrical usage, and expected ROI
- Work with the Project Management team to communicate customers’ requests and installation details
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist other Sullivan Solar Power employees as needed
- Proven track record in closing sales and creating a referral network
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Electrical Engineering, or other related fields
- Knowledge of the solar marketplace, technology and industry
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and experience
- Excellent analytical skills with knowledge of finance concepts such as ROI, NPV, and Payback
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Flexibility and adaptability are crucial for this industry and fast-paced environment
- Team-player: this role is very different to any “sales” position you might have had before, and it does require teamwork on a regular basis
- Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, a plus
- You are ethical and value driven: you work on the mission of the company with integrity
- A passion for interacting and communicating with people
- You believe that people like to know the benefits of things that save them money and do something good for our society and the environment
- You have a strong interest in renewable energies, and enjoy training and learning all technical aspects about the products being used
- You understand that customers have questions that go beyond their installation, so you stay on top of the changes and trends in the industry all times
- NABCEP Accredited Company: one of the only six companies in the US who have achieved this certification. Sullivan Solar Power will put you through training so that you achieve it as well, and we will pay for your training!
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match
- Vacation/Sick Time Off – (Vacation accrual starts immediately)
- Paid Holidays
- Medical Coverage: Sullivan Solar Power will pay 100% of the premiums for team members
- Dental Coverage: Sullivan Solar Power will pay 100% of the premiums for team members
- Vision Coverage, and Medical, Dental and Vision for dependents: Sullivan Solar Power offers coverage
- Company provided clothing
- Great company events & team outings
*Sullivan Solar Power reserves the right to change its benefits package at any time, with or without reason, and with or without previous notice.